Tuesday 16 March 2010

Sunshine


I close my eyes in slumber,but sleep I cannot find
This sweet melodic memory plays out behind my eyes
I feel my heart a flutter, And weightlessness consumes,
I search within the darkness to find the shape of you.
I'm wandering in this blindness, hoping your face I'll see,
But behind the veiling blackness are two large Cedar Trees
They seem to form a gateway, a path to some unknown
Labyrinth of imagination, just like I find my own.
Tall and of authority these trees stand out to me,
but it is not the trees themselves that draw my curiosity
It is the figure in between them, stood firm, eyes locked with mine,
And I realise my heart has changed its beating time.

My love he stands before me, strength and love he bears,
on his shoulders are his worries, which one with me he shares.
My soul is bare before him, everything of me he sees,
My heart synced to his rhythm carried along the breeze.
Walking towards him slowly, he takes my hand in his,
and draws me close against him, gently grazing my lips

My love with you I feel safe, from your calming voice to your tight embrace
You are sunshine to me, the warmth and glow upon my face,
Even in the darkness, your love brightens as though the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment