Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Dark light

The desires of my heart span the fathoms of the deep
Yet I still cannot find what I'm looking for
There is something in the darkness that follows me
Wary of its predation I flee

I'm kicking and pushing but it is soon that I find
The desires of my heart that I knew
No longer are found surrounding my being
But have disappeared in flight of the predator too

Desperation freezes me in a transcendent high
No more kicking or screaming, just a silent cry
It's coming too quick, I cannot escape
The purpose it seeks, to take me away

Though wait, it seems here is a predator not,
But a curious presence, who waited and watched
For me to see the outside of my heart,
To realize that the depths I have known, were not all dark

And light had diminished the darkness I knew
This presence was a friend, that showed my heart's truth
I could not have missed it, It was obvious to see
That I had been swimming without any ease

Now there was a companion, a friend guiding my search
I could suddenly see the creatures, the surface, the earth
It had become my homeland, I had become a true heir
Of the creator's kingdom, He had apportioned a share:

The whole of the kingdom, in all of it's glory
But it is not here yet, my mission, His story.

No comments:

Post a Comment