Thursday 4 February 2010

Changing Rhythms

I long to strip away the ill desires of my heart, so that it beats only for you.
To know your death in love for me is the only real truth
To understand what you intended is not the life I know, but a chance to grow and flourish and blossom the seeds which you have sown.

Oh God my wretched heart is dry and soon it will be crumbled, if I cannot learn to find the heart that makes me humble.
This world oh God is not the home for which I was meant to rest, but the frontline of the battlefield with my armour against my chest.

But rescue me my gentle father from being overrun, from the traps and falls which flood this life, that I am not overcome.
So that very soon I find my heart, beating to the rhythm of Yours, and can rest in assurance that your grace and love has made my purpose sure.

2 comments:

  1. Cat, amazing! So good with words - you poet!
    Got any melody to fit this o budding songwriter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love :) I have no melody unfortunately, I would need to adapt this severely if I was to attach it to a melody!! Could use your help!!

    ReplyDelete